Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read my blog!

I guess this blog will be slightly different than others because I will be starting it at the end of one year and writing until the very end of another. Hopefully you will be able to keep an interest in what I promise will be a very busy life!

Busy seems to be my mantra lately. As I walk by friends on the way to class, I am realizing that I have not had a decent conversation with them since I have been back from Christmas break. Even my friends abroad are noticing (the care packages are coming soon I promise!) and it seems like everyone here is running around at a hectic pace. My decision to take 5 classes this semester may also be the reason I seem so busy, but helping to oversee the planning of Spring Weekend, mentally packing for my trip to Luxembourg in May, and facing many huge and important papers in the upcoming weeks certainly isn’t helping to lighten the workload!

CAB (the Campus Activities Board) has, like always, taken up a large amount of time but it paid off the other night with the Spring Fling Dance. I am the secretary on the Executive Board of CAB but I am also the Point Person to the Special Committee, Social Committee and Arts and Outings Committee. This means that I am a resource and general cheerleader for the groups that plan events like Spring Weekend, the OppKnocks Dance and off campus trips to places like NYC and Newport (which is coming up next weekend).

The Spring Fling Dance, which was run by Social, was Friday night in the ballroom and Nicole and MaryBeth who are the Social co-chairs worked really hard to make everything perfect. The Hogan Ballroom became a Hawaiian Luau and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, especially the CAB members that went, as you can see from the elegant and not-so-elegant pictures I posted with this entry.

This week has started out at a fast pace but by the end of it I should be able to visit Newport and relax for a bit. I have been working on guidance lessons for my Education class, and this past Tuesday we finally got to present them! Talking to 5th graders about Problem Solving methods was definitely a step outside the normal reading and writing associated with my three English and two History courses, but it was certainly a welcome step. I also got to see my Appalachia group (another fun picture to look at) for the first time in weeks; we had a great time watching our very own Justin Winn perform at the 10 Spot, he did a great job! Hopefully the rest of the week will go well then it is off to Newport on Saturday!

Welcome to the life of a Holy Cross Junior in April!

3 Responses to “Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read my blog!”

1. Mobile money bandit says:

Hi…..

I have recently started a site, the information you offer on this website has helped me tremendously. Thanks for all of your time & work. “You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand.” by Leonardo DaVinci….

2. Mobile money bandit says:

Hiya…..

Excellent read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing a little research on that. And he just bought me lunch since I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that: Thank you for lunch! “We strain to renew our capacity for wonder, to shock …

3. rrreed says:

Thanks so much for providing individuals with an extraordinarily terrific chance to read from this blog. It’s usually very lovely and also packed with a good time for me personally and my office peers to visit the blog really three times in one week…

I do agree with all of the ideas you’ve presented in your post. They’re really convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very short for novices. Could you please extend them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post….