April 16, 2008

Less then two weeks left of classes? You have got to be kidding me. The prospect of being a Senior is slowly starting to sink in; if you ask almost any Junior how they feel about having the school year end so soon you will probably get the response “I don’t want to talk about it.” Is it too late to add a graduate school program here? A retirement home perhaps?

This past week seems to have been focused on Senior year. We selected courses at the crack of dawn (alright, only 7:00 a.m.) last week and I was lucky enough to get everything I wanted, including the elusive Rhetoric class that I have wanted to take since Sophomore year! I will be taking two history classes and two english classes for the third time in a row and I wouldn’t have it any other way. On Tuesday we got our housing appointments and on Thursday we have housing selection. My roommate Kena and our (hopefully!) future roommates Edna and Esme are keeping our fingers crossed for an apartment, we’ll see how it goes!

This weekend is the RSO Student Leadership Conference and Jimmy Doan and I are going on behalf of CAB. Not only do I get to attend, but I am presenting an Educational Session with Jimmy and Ben (our advisor) on mentoring within an organization, as well as sitting in on a round table discussion about programming on campus. It should be a good experience, but there is a lot of work to get done before that!

Saturday also happens to be the annual Battle of the Bands sponsored by the CAB 10 Spot committee. It was a fantastic day last year, everyone sat out on Kimball Quad listening to their classmate’s rock out (much to the dismay of those involved with the wedding that happened to be scheduled the same day) and I am sure this year’s Battle of the Bands will be a huge success too! Hopefully the weather will remain as nice as it has been, especially because Sunday is the Admissions Open House for admitted students. I will be stationed at Hogan Campus Center in the morning to serve as a “stationary tour guide” then I will be selling the always popular "God’s on Our Side" shirts that CAB is known for.

I promised myself I would not use the word “busy” in this entry, but it really is the only way to describe this upcoming weekend. We’ll see how it goes!