April 23, 2008

You really can’t beat Holy Cross in the Spring, it is such a beautiful campus and after a rather rough winter everyone here seems to want to spend every waking minute outside. This worked well for us at CAB because Battle of the Bands was this past Saturday and the weather was amazing! As the pictures will show there were very few people who were NOT at Kimball Quad enjoying the music and the sun. My mom will be glad to hear I did not get a burn (I used sunscreen!), unfortunately some of my friends were not so lucky…I guess it’s the price you pay for soaking up the sun! Lauren and Brian (the co-chairs of the 10 Spot committee and the two people in charge of the event) did a GREAT job and turned the day into a huge success.

Junioryearapril039

Junioryearapril043

Junioryearapril045

This week has been hectic but fun. It was helpful that it started off on a good note with the news we are living in a Senior Apartment, I mean, in the newly named Edward Bennett Williams Hall. I put a picture in this entry because I honestly can’t believe we got one! Wednesday night I went to O’Conner’s restaurant (DELICIOUS) with my Irish Catholicism seminar. The week before we went to Professor Reynolds house so she is definitely spoiling us. It makes me really sad that these 5 classes are ending so soon, I really enjoyed all of them. I won’t miss the 5 class workload though!
Junioryearapril029

Now for my shameless Spring Weekend plug. As I mentioned before, I serve as the Point Person in CAB for the “Special Committee” which organizes Spring Weekend. Every committee in CAB is required to have an event and this year the caliber of events has gone way up (though I have to say-seeing as Alexie and I were in charge of it-last years was awesome as well). Alexandra and Mary, the Special co-chairs this year have spent SO much time and effort on making this weekend amazing and I know it will pay off. I will slip in the schedule here and expect a BIG recap next entry!

SPRING WEEKEND 2008
Dominate ’08!
Spring Weekend Kick-off- Thursday, April 24th, 5-8, Upper Kimball

Christian Finnegan: The Indecision Tour 2008 – Friday, April 25th, 10 pm, Hogan Ballroom, tickets sold all week at Hogan $5 and at the doors

Spring Weekend Olympics- Friday, April 25th, 11:30-2, Field house

Spring Weekend Carnival/ BBQ- Saturday, April 26th, 4:30-8:30, Hart Center Lawn

Fireworks Show- Saturday, April 26th, 8:30-9, Hart Center Lawn

GrooveBoston (aka The Biggest Dance Party HC has EVER seen!)- Saturday, April 26th, Fieldhouse

Holy Cross Spring Concert 2008: Jason Mraz, Everclear, Special Guests Bushwalla and Justin Kredible- Tuesday, April 29th, doors open at 7, Tickets are on sale at the bookstore $20 HC student, $25 consortium, and $35 public